Formula Red Bull Junior Team member Sergio Sette Camara has returned to the team as a reserve driver for the 2020 F1 season
Sette Camara is returning to the Red Bull fold having spent the 2016 season as one of its junior drivers. He joined McLaren’s young driver programme at the end of 2018 and tested for the team at the Circuit de Catalunya last year.
The 21-year-old spent the last three seasons racing in Formula 2, peaking with two wins and fourth in the championship with DAMS last year alongside team mate Nicholas Latifi. Sette Camara will not return to the series this year, and has been tipped for a part-time IndyCar seat at Carlin.
“I am very happy to join the Red Bull family as official test and reserve driver for the 2020 F1 season alongside Sebastian,” said Sette Camara. “I’ve been watching F1 since I was five years old and I’m humbled to have been given this opportunity to work with Scuderia AlphaTauri and Red Bull.”
Red Bull’s eight-strong Junior Team line-for 2019 up includes Yuki Tsunoda, Juri Vips, Jehan Daruvala, Liam Lawson, Jack Doohan, Dennis Hauger, Jonny Edgar and Jak Crawford.
View the current list of 2020 F1 drivers and teams
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers