Haas has confirmed all four of its team members who were tested for the Coronavirus have returned negative results.
However McLaren has confirmed one of its team members has tested positive for the virus, and withdrawn from the race as a result.
Speaking before the news of the negative test was announced, Haas team principal Guenther Steiner said the team would find not be able to replace any missing staff during the race weekend.
“Alternative plans is difficult because nobody can come here any more – not time-wise and not permit-wise,” he said. “So we [would] need to come up with something.”
Steiner confirmed the team had brought its usual number of team staff to the race in Australia.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton