Mercedes is taking advantage of F1 rules which allow teams to conduct tests with two-year-old cars in order to practice its procedures for participating in races which are held behind closed doors. Team members including Hamilton are wearing personal protective equipment including face masks and gloves.
“For all of us racers it’s just the right atmosphere to see the car in action and hear the engine roar,” said team principal Toto Wolff yesterday.
This article will be updated.
Pictures: Lewis Hamilton testing at Silverstone
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton