Teams are permitted to perform two such events, commonly known as ‘filming days’ per season. Demonstration tyres were used for the run.
Racing Point say they “left no stone unturned in ensuring that safety remained top priority for all team members trackside.
“As part of stringent safety protocols, the event took place behind closed doors with no public access and all relevant precautions taken in terms of PPE [personal protective equipment] provision etc…”
Mercedes and Renault have run their 2018 cars in the past week to prepare for the start of the season and to give their staff the chance to practice running their cars while wearing PPE and complying with new safety restrictions.
Pictures: Lance Stroll drives Racing Point RP20 at Silverstone
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton