Alex Zanardi remains in a stable condition after undergoing surgery for head and facial injuries on Friday, the hospital treating him has reported.
“The organ functions are adequate. [He] is always sedated, intubated and mechanically ventilated.”
Zanardi’s neurological condition remains a major area of concern due to the nature of his injuries.
“The ongoing neuromonitoring has shown some stability but this figure must be taken with caution because the neurological picture remains serious,” said the hospital.
“The current conditions of general stability still do not allow to exclude the possibility of adverse events and, therefore, the patient always remains in a reserved prognosis.”
The hospital intends to issue a further update at midday tomorrow.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton