Racing Point, whose RP20 is one of the quickest cars in the midfield, have also been tipped as a potential destination for Vettel. But the team which is due to be rebranded as Aston Martin next year have ruled out bringing Vettel into their fold.
“It’s flattering that everyone thinks a four-time world champion should come to our team,” said team principal Otmar Szafnauer in today’s FIA press conference. “Maybe that’s because the car’s a bit quicker now.
“We have long contracts for both of our drivers so it would only be logical that we don’t have space.”
View the current list of 2021 F1 drivers and teams
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton