Silverstone is to offer luxury accommodate blocks with views overlooking the circuit from 2022.
They are being offered by Escapade Living, which describes itself as a “lifestyle-led property developer”. Planning permission was granted last year and building work will begin in October.
The properties “will give guests the chance to live out their racing ambitions and offer unparalleled sightlines of the circuit”, according to Escapade Living. “It will seek to redefine access to motorsport,” it adds.
Buyers will be given access to all major race weekends at Silverstone and use of the Escapade Living clubhouse. The residences will be offered to other Silverstone visitors when not in use by their owners.
“Escapade Silverstone will enable motorsport lovers to buy residences right on the edge of the circuit” said the track’s managing director Stuart Pringle. “For us, its immersive, bespoke, guest-led offering hails the dawn of something special.”
The latest development at the circuit follows the 2018 announcement of plans for a new hotel complex opposite the pit and paddock.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton