Formula 1 has confirmed no other personnel related to the championship has tested positive for Covid-19 in the past week aside from Sergio Perez.Nico Hulkenberg will continue in his car this weekend.
“I will not be able to be this weekend in the car,” said Perez on social media after his second positive test was made public. “I wish the best to Nico and my entire team.
“Thank God I am in very good health, I hope to return soon. Thanks for your support.”
Formula 1 has conducted 22,631 Covid-19 tests since the 2020 season began at the Red Bull Ring last month. Of those, 5,127 were conducted in the past week. Only four tests have come back positive: Perez four times, and two individuals during the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend.
This week Formula E resumed its championship in Berlin. Following similar procedures to Formula 1, it tested 1,423 people ahead of the race. Two of these were found to be positive: Mahindra team principal Dilbagh Gill and Formula E chairman Alejandro Agag.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton