DAMS Formula 2 driver Dan Ticktum has been cleared to rejoin the paddock at Spa-Francorchamps after testing negative for Covid-19.
Ticktum’s negative test will come as a relief to his DAMS team which was only able to run one car in the first practice session. This was occupied by Juri Vips, who is standing in for the team’s other regular driver Sean Gelael this weekend. Gelael sustained a back injury in a crash during the previous round in Spain.
Vips covered 15 laps in and set the 17th-fastest time in the first practice session, 1.364 seconds slower than pace-setter Robert Shwartzman for Prema.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton