The official Formula 1 Safety Car will run in a red livery this weekend in recognition of Ferrari’s 1,000th world championship race.
“The Tuscan Grand Prix will be the 1,000th F1 race for Ferrari, marking the long racing tradition of this great Italian brand,” said Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff
“We will honour this achievement with a Mercedes-AMG Safety Car in Ferrari red – our nod to a racing history that brought us some of the greatest moments in Formula 1. The men and women of Maranello have a proud history to celebrate and we’re paying respect to those celebrations this weekend.”
Mercedes has supplied the Formula 1 Safety Car for the last 25 years.
Ferrari is also running a special livery for this weekend’s race. It has repainted its SF-1000s in a deeper shade of red, matching that used by the team in the early years of the world championship.
Pictures: “Ferrari red” Safety Car
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 Tuscan Grand Prix Ferrari 1000
- NASCAR-style restart zones could prevent repeat of F1’s Mugello crash – Steiner
- Drivers want more gravel traps but they’re “not the solution everywhere”, says Masi
- 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix Ferrari 1000 Star Performers
- Reverse grid races would make us look “stupid” – Russell
- New Williams owners make first appearance at race