Charles Leclerc has been given a three-place grid penalty for the final race of the season for his collision with Sergio Perez during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.Max Verstappen also retired in the incident as he tried to drive around the spinning pair but hit a barrier.
After speaking to Leclerc and reviewing video of the collision, the stewards ruled he “braked too late into turn four, locking the front right wheel and colliding with car 11 which was taking the normal racing line into the corner.”
Leclerc was also given two penalty points for the collision, putting him on a total of three for the current 12-month period.
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 Sakhir Grand Prix
- Leclerc will choose his fights better to avoid more “silly” first-lap crashes
- 2020 Bahrain and Sakhir Grand Prix Star Performers
- Sakhir performance risked making me look a fool, admits Bottas
- Perez makes his case for 2021 chance with masterful recovery drive for first win
- Perez breaks Webber’s record with 190-race wait for first win