The FIA has joined the Haas Formula 1 team in criticising the behaviour of the team’s new signing Nikita Mazepin in a video posted on social media two days ago.2021 F1 season grabbing a woman’s breast in a car. The woman, identified in the video as Andrea D’lval, appeared to push him away.
In a statement issued on Thursday the governing body of motorsport said: “We strongly support the Haas F1 Team in its response to the recent inappropriate actions of its driver, Nikita Mazepin.
“Mazepin has issued a public apology for his poor conduct and this matter will continue to be dealt with internally by the Haas F1 Team. The ethical principles and diverse and inclusive culture of our sport are of the utmost importance to the FIA and Formula 1.”
Haas described Mazepin’s behaviour in the video and its publication on his social media account as “abhorrent” and said it would handle the matter internally.
Mazepin issued an apology for his “inappropriate behaviour”. D’lval stated a subsequent social media post she “posted this video on his [Instagram] story as an internal joke”.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers