Mercedes have added the names of everyone who helped produce their championship-winning W11 to the car’s livery for the final race of the 2020 F1 season.
“We’ll be running a slightly different livery on Saturday and Sunday featuring everyone’s name on the car to honour the huge commitment and determination from everybody in Brixworth and Brackley,” team principal Toto Wolff explained.
“Everyone has pushed hard this year, raising the bar through this massively intense season, and we hope this gesture goes some way in showing the appreciation we have for everyone involved.”
Mercedes confirmed around 2,000 people are credited on the two W11s.
The team has enjoyed a highly successful 2020 campaign. As well as winning the constructors championship for a record-breaking seventh year in a row, Lewis Hamilton continued his run of drivers’ championship titles. From the 16 races so far they have taken 15 pole positions and 13 wins.
Pictures: Mercedes thank team with W11 livery
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton