Charles Leclerc has made his return to testing for Ferrari after contracting Covid-19 earlier this year.Ferrari announced 12 days ago Leclerc had returned a positive result following an earlier test for the coronavirus and was self-isolating at his home in Monaco.
Leclerc took part in a test for the team today at Fiorano using an SF71H which the team raced in 2018. He covered over 100 laps of the near-three-kilometre course. His new team mate Carlos Sainz Jnr was on hand to watch the test and will drive the car tomorrow.
This is the second of four days of testing for Ferrari at its private facility. Three members of its young driver academy were in action yesterday. Ferrari Driver Academy member Mick Schumacher, who will make his F1 debut with Haas this year, and Callum Ilott will drive the car on Thursday.
Pictures: Leclerc returns to test for Ferrari
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Live: 2021 Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix qualifying
- Verstappen quickest ahead of Norris in final Emilia-Romagna practice
- Spanish Grand Prix to be held without fans again
- F1 eases track limits restrictions at Imola
- Live: 2021 Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix third practice