A new, officially-sanctioned documentary on the life of Michael Schumacher has been completed but its release date is yet to be confirmed.
The German newspaper Express this week quoted the film’s director Vanessa Noecker saying that although the documentary was complete, a release date could not be confirmed due to the disruption caused by Covid-19. The widespread closure of cinemas has led to studios delaying the releases of many films.
Kehm told the newspaper the documentary “is intended to give a portrait of Michael’s incomparable career, but also the many facets of a complicated man” including “the daredevil Formula 1 driver, the ambitious sportsman, the accomplished mechanic with a unique technical instinct, and loving father.”
Schumacher’s son Mick will make his debut as a Formula 1 driver in the Bahrain Grand Prix in March.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2021 F1 season
- Pirelli shift focus of 18-inch tyre development to compounds at Kubica test
- ‘We’ll discuss what went wrong’: Hamilton and Verstappen team radio transcript analysis
- 2021 Spanish Grand Prix Star Performers
- Perez still finding it “very hard to get up to speed” on race weekends
- FIA “looking at” removing Catalunya’s chicane for future F1 races