Pierre Gasly is self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19.
“I wanted to let you know that I tested positive for Covid-19,” he confirmed on social media. “I have told everyone I’ve been in contact with during these last days.
“I’m current self-isolating and following the protocol set by the local health authorities. I’m feeling okay, and will continue to follow my training plan from home while I remain in isolation.
Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll missed races last season after catching Covid-19. Gasly is the third driver to contract it during the off-season, following Lando Norris and Charles Leclerc.
Notable positive Covid-19 cases in F1
|18/03/2020||One team member||McLaren|
|30/07/2020||Sergio Perez||Racing Point||Missed British and 70th Anniversary grands prix|
|08/10/2020||Six team members||Mercedes|
|13/10/2020||Two team members||Renault|
|21/10/2020||Lawrence Stroll||Racing Point|
|21/10/2020||Lance Stroll||Racing Point||Missed Eifel Grand Prix|
|30/10/2020||Four team members||Racing Point|
|26/11/2020||Jonathan Wheatley||Red Bull|
|1/12/2020||Lewis Hamilton||Mercedes||Missed Sakhir Grand Prix|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas
- F1 mustn’t let post-season budget cap rows become a regular occurrence