Pierre Gasly is self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19.
“I wanted to let you know that I tested positive for Covid-19,” he confirmed on social media. “I have told everyone I’ve been in contact with during these last days.
“I’m current self-isolating and following the protocol set by the local health authorities. I’m feeling okay, and will continue to follow my training plan from home while I remain in isolation.
Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll missed races last season after catching Covid-19. Gasly is the third driver to contract it during the off-season, following Lando Norris and Charles Leclerc.
Notable positive Covid-19 cases in F1
|18/03/2020||One team member||McLaren|
|30/07/2020||Sergio Perez||Racing Point||Missed British and 70th Anniversary grands prix|
|08/10/2020||Six team members||Mercedes|
|13/10/2020||Two team members||Renault|
|21/10/2020||Lawrence Stroll||Racing Point|
|21/10/2020||Lance Stroll||Racing Point||Missed Eifel Grand Prix|
|30/10/2020||Four team members||Racing Point|
|26/11/2020||Jonathan Wheatley||Red Bull|
|1/12/2020||Lewis Hamilton||Mercedes||Missed Sakhir Grand Prix|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Wolff’s radio complaint about Mazepin was a “very rare” occurrence – Masi
- Vote for your 2021 Spanish Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- 2021 Spanish Grand Prix interactive data: lap charts, times and tyres
- Hamilton’s second pit stop was a “difficult call” for Mercedes – Wolff
- Stroll avoids penalty for rejoining track incorrectly, Alonso also cleared