Former Formula 1 driver Romain Grosjean has confirmed he will contest the 2021 IndyCar season with Coyne.
He will make his IndyCar debut in the season-opening Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park on April 18th. Grosjean will take part in the 13 rounds of the 17-race series which take part on road and street courses, but will not tackle the four races on ovals.
The Coyne team scored their most recent IndyCar victory with another ex-F1 driver, Sebastien Bourdais, at the Grand Prix of St Petersburg in 2018. They fielded Santino Ferrucci and Alex Palou last year, the latter scoring their best result with third place at Road America.
2021 IndyCar calendar
|1||18/4/2021||Barber Motorsports Park||Road|
|3||1/5/2021||Texas Motor Speedway||Oval|
|4||2/5/2021||Texas Motor Speedway||Oval|
|5||15/5/2021||Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course||Road|
|6||30/5/2021||Indianapolis Motor Speedway||Oval|
|13||14/8/2021||Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course||Road|
This article will be updated.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Castroneves to make full-time IndyCar return as Harvey leaves Meyer-Shank
- F1 wants a US driver, but an IndyCar pipeline suits no one
- Newgarden breaks Penske’s curse with Mid-Ohio win
- Zanardi facing “very long journey” to recovery one year on from crash
- What Magnussen’s race-leading IndyCar debut revealed about his potential to ‘do a Grosjean’