AlphaTauri will present their new car for the 2021 F1 season on February 19th.
Pierre Gasly, who scored a shock victory for the team in last year’s Italian Grand Prix, will continue to drive for the team which he has raced for in every season since making his F1 debut in 2017. He will be joined by a newcomer to the series, Yuki Tsunoda, who was the top-scoring rookie in Formula 2 last year.
Gasly’s victory helped AlphaTauri to seventh place in the constructors championship last year with 107 points. This was the highest total ever scored by the team which first entered F1 as Minardi in 1985.
Honda will power the team for the fourth year in a row. However the Japanese manufacturer is due to leave Formula 1 at the end of the season.
2021 Formula 1 car launches confirmed so far
- February 15th: McLaren M35M
- February 19th: AlphaTauri AT02
- February 22nd: Alfa Romeo C41
- March 3rd: Mercedes W12
Get all the 2021 F1 race weekend session times plus test and car launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- 2021 F1 driver rankings #7: Pierre Gasly
- 2021 F1 driver rankings #8: George Russell
- 2021 F1 driver rankings #9: Esteban Ocon
- Masi made “right decision” with Abu Dhabi restart call – Grosjean
- Analysis: Did Hamilton or Verstappen have the quickest car for their title fight?