Williams has named its new car for the 2021 F1 season the FW43B, and will reveal it on March 5th.Bahrain International Circuit.
The FW43B will be the first car launch by the team since its sale to new owners Dorilton last year. Williams has slumped in recent seasons: It finished last in the championship for the previous three years running, and failed to score a point last year.
George Russell and Nicholas Latifi have been retained to drive the car. The team will continue to use Mercedes power, as it has done since 2014. Roy Nissany, the team’s test driver, will drive the car on one day in Bahrain and take part in three first practice sessions for Williams.
The team recently confirmed it will begin using Mercedes transmissions in 2022, meaning the FW43B will be its last car to feature a Williams-designed gearbox.
None of Williams’ rivals have announced a later launch date for their new cars so far. However some teams are expected to uncover their new machines for the first time on the eve of testing in Bahrain.
2021 Formula 1 car launches confirmed so far
- February 15th: McLaren M35M
- February 19th: AlphaTauri AT02
- February 22nd: Alfa Romeo C41
- March 3rd: Mercedes W12
- March 5th: Williams FW43B
Get all the 2021 F1 race weekend session times plus test and car launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Official: F1 adds extra race in Austria as Turkish Grand Prix is cancelled
- Two reasons why Catalunya may not predict the championship – at least this year
- Ferrari draw encouragement for rest of 2021 from Spanish GP performance
- Like Ferrari, Red Bull have found they need more than a quick car to beat Mercedes
- Tsunoda concerned Sprint Qualifying will take practice time away from rookies