The two new brands which have entered the 2021 F1 season, Alpine and Aston Martin, have announced their launch plans for the championship.
Alpine will reveal its 2021 Formula 1 car, the A521, on March 2nd. Aston Martin will present its new car at 3pm the day after. Both teams will hold virtual launches.
Fernando Alonso, who will make his return to Formula 1 this year with Alpine, suffered a fractured jaw following a cycling accident last week. He was released from hospital yesterday and is expected to complete his recovery in time for the start of the season.
Alpine has appointed Davide Brivio as its new racing director in place of Cyril Abiteboul. Brivio arrives at the team following a successful spell running Suzuki’s Moto GP programme.
Renault returned to Formula 1 as a full constructor in 2016. Last year the team scored its first podium finish since rejoining the series.
Get all the 2021 F1 race weekend session times plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- AlphaTauri drivers back team’s strategy to use harder tyres in Q2
- F1 rearranges Imola GP timetable to avoid clash with funeral of Britain’s Prince Philip
- Grosjean rues missed chances in F1 but admits uncompetitive Haas was “no real fun”
- Vettel mustn’t let downturn “snowball out of control” – Webber
- 2021 Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix TV Times