The logos of BWT, whose bright pink colouring has been seen on Racing Point’s cars in recent years, will remain on the team’s livery following its rebranding as Aston Martin for the 2021 F1 season.
However Aston Martin has confirmed today a continuation of its partnership with BWT which began in 2017, when the team was known as Force India. BWT logos and “subtle brand accents” will feature on the car, it said in a statement.
“The look and feel of the new team to be launched on Wednesday 3rd March will be very different, featuring an all-new base colour,” the team added.
CEO Otmar Szafnauer said BWT had been “loyal supporters” over the past four seasons. “BWT will support our efforts to become more sustainable in all areas of the business, but especially in our trackside operations – a goal that marries up with Formula 1’s own sustainability objectives,” he said. “This is a strong and historic partnership entering an important new era, and we are all excited to see what we can achieve together.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- McLaren’s special Monaco GP livery “even better than our usual design” – Norris
- McLaren to race in one-off Gulf livery at Monaco Grand Prix
- Why McLaren kept reminding Ricciardo: “It feels slow when it’s fast”
- Was a Red Bull Ring repeat the best solution to F1’s latest calendar headache?
- Official: F1 adds extra race in Austria as Turkish Grand Prix is cancelled