Sergio Perez believes Red Bull’s RB16B has “very good potential” but says it will take a few race weekends for him to get fully up to speed with the car.
The new Red Bull driver says he is still getting used to his new car and surroundings, but believes the team have the potential for a strong season in 2021.
He said the RBR16B is “very different in many aspects” to his previous car. “The way you drive each of the cars is very different, so you have to adapt to a different car, to a different style.
“But all in all, I also have to say that this car has very good potential in it. I think once I get on top of the car, then we should be looking good.”
Asked how long it will take him to get on top of the car, Perez said: “It’s hard to pick a number – I think after five races.
“Once we go to very different races, different conditions, you understand the car [and] the team a lot better. I think five races, proper races, should be good.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- How F1’s new rookie class fared in their first challenge of 2021
- Why Ferrari seeks success in WEC as well as F1 – and IndyCar is still on its radar
- Ferrari give Leclerc the car he used to score his first two F1 victories
- Breakthrough expected in bid for F1’s first Miami Grand Prix
- Elliott to take over from Allison as technical director at Mercedes