Sergio Perez believes Red Bull’s RB16B has “very good potential” but says it will take a few race weekends for him to get fully up to speed with the car.
The new Red Bull driver says he is still getting used to his new car and surroundings, but believes the team have the potential for a strong season in 2021.
He said the RBR16B is “very different in many aspects” to his previous car. “The way you drive each of the cars is very different, so you have to adapt to a different car, to a different style.
“But all in all, I also have to say that this car has very good potential in it. I think once I get on top of the car, then we should be looking good.”
Asked how long it will take him to get on top of the car, Perez said: “It’s hard to pick a number – I think after five races.
“Once we go to very different races, different conditions, you understand the car [and] the team a lot better. I think five races, proper races, should be good.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- FIA “looking at” removing Catalunya’s chicane for future F1 races
- Hamilton wants to agree new Mercedes contract within three months
- Luckless Giovinazzi laments ‘s*** race’ as team explains bizarre pit stop problem
- Williams ‘felt the best it ever has’ despite late slide to 14th – Russell
- Next stop 100 race wins: Hamilton’s hundredth pole position in stats