Callum Ilott will race the full IndyCar season with Juncos Hollinger next year.
“Obviously we have had a steep learning curve here the last few races to try to put everything together,” said Ilott. “We have had some real positives and know the things we need to work on.
“Knowing what Ricardo Juncos and Brad Hollinger have in place for next season and especially over the winter of what we can do in testing, I definitely feel we can put ourselves in a great position to start off the 2022 season strong.”
The team run by Ricardo Juncos returned to the series at the Portland round after securing new backing from former Williams board member Brad Hollinger. Juncos praised his new driver’s maturing, speed and the quality of his technical feedback following his debut for the team and second race at Laguna Seca last weekend.
“After a long, tough race at Laguna, he got out of the car not even showing any signs of fatigue,” said Juncos. “Considering Laguna was a full green flag race, Callum proved to be in incredible shape.
“We know we are not the fastest car on track and have a lot of developing to do, but Callum pushes himself to get everything out of the car and has shown great speed. Over the past few weeks, Callum has shown us he is the right driver for our full-time run next year, so we are thrilled to have him join our program full-time.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- IndyCar’s “pure racing” is what F1 was like before I was born – Lundgaard
- Hulkenberg to make IndyCar test debut in “one-off” run for McLaren SP
- Alpine junior Lundgaard switching to IndyCar in multi-year deal
- Racing ovals vital to join top team for title bid, says Grosjean after Indy debut
- Herta doubted Long Beach win was possible after qualifying error