Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Mexico City Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Lewis Hamilton||2nd||+0.145s||69/69||1||2nd||Not on same lap|
|Valtteri Bottas||1st||-0.145s||0/69||4||15th||Not on same lap|
|Lance Stroll||20th||+3.371s||0/69||2||14th||Not on same lap|
|Sebastian Vettel||9th||-3.371s||69/69||1||7th||Not on same lap|
|Charles Leclerc||8th||+0.076s||45/70||1||5th||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||6th||-0.076s||25/70||1||6th||Not on same lap|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (5%)
- Valtteri Bottas (1%)
- Max Verstappen (33%)
- Sergio Perez (13%)
- Lando Norris (1%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (1%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (1%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (1%)
- Charles Leclerc (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Pierre Gasly (36%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (1%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (7%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (0%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Nicholas Latifi (0%)
- No opinion (1%)
Total Voters: 163
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 Mexico City Grand Prix
- Hamilton’s win under threat as he faces new investigation over seat belts
- F1 expects Brazil GP freight delay will not affect race
- Red Bull pin hopes on high altitude tracks after “Hamilton stronghold” COTA
- Domenicali wants more F1 sprint events in 2022 after “overwhelmingly positive feedback”
- More F1 venues following Silverstone’s lead in aim for full crowds
Debates and polls
- Should Formula 1 stop adding more street circuits to its calendar?
- Information overload? Which motorsport series has the most effective TV graphics package?
- Did the stewards handle Alonso’s chicane cutting incidents in Miami correctly?
- Should Formula 1 adopt IndyCar’s deleted lap times rule for causing red flags in qualifying?
- Were stewards right to penalise Stroll’s weaving in Australian GP?