[raceweekendpromotion]Kimi Raikkonen will start the Sao Paulo Grand Prix from the pit lane, following a change to his rear wing under parc ferme conditions.Antonio Giovinazzi at turn one which resulted in Raikkonen being spun on track.
He finished the sprint 18th, ahead of only Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin, while Giovinazzi crossed the line 13th. The two Haas drivers will move up to 18th and 19th on the grid respectively as a result of Raikkonen’s penalty.
Raikkonen said that the left-rear corner of his car had taken the brunt of the hit, although he was able to continue to the chequered flag.
He will now start the Sao Paulo Grand Prix from the pit lane, stewards confirmed, following a new rear wing being fitted to his car which was not the same specification as the one he had started Friday qualifying, second practice and the sprint with.
“The part has been replaced with the approval of the FIA technical delegate following a written request from the team concerned, this being in accordance with article 34.2 of the 2021 Formula One Sporting Regulations,” the stewards confirmed.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 Sao Paulo Grand Prix
- Red Bull and Mercedes summoned to FIA hearing on review of Sao Paulo incident
- McLaren must “get back to scoring the results that are on the table” – Seidl
- Hamilton makes his second-biggest climb to victory from 10th on the grid
- F1 releases missing video footage from Verstappen’s car of Hamilton incident
- How Alonso and Ocon “pushed team tactics to the ultimate limit” to delay Gasly