Alpine has announced Austrian water treatment company BWT will be its title sponsor for the 2022 Formula 1 season.
BWT has joined Alpine following a five-year stint sponsoring Aston Martin, which was previously known as Racing Point and Force India. During the team’s earlier incarnations it was painted largely in pink, but its switch to British racing green last year following its rebranding as Aston Martin left little room for BWT’s colours.
Alpine indicated the new sponsorship arrangement will last for several years. The two companies will co-operate on efforts to reduce their carbon footprint and end the reliance on single-use plastic.
“Both Alpine’s and BWT’s sustainability agendas are fully aligned on eliminating single-use plastics,” said Alpine’s sales and marketing vice president Cedric Journal. “We are pleased to join forces to convince many people around the globe, our employees, partners, customers and fans to reduce plastic waste.
“In parallel we will use the huge global platform F1 provides to support BWT in their fight against the unfair distribution of clean, safe and healthy drinking water.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- FIA confirms all 10 F1 teams complied with 2022 cost cap
- Steiner “not ashamed” of panning “slow” Schumacher in Drive to Survive
- Albon believes year out of F1 improved him as a driver
- Hamilton sees diversity gains in F1 years on from his ‘traumatising’ experience of racism
- Verstappen returns to Drive to Survive as season five launch date is confirmed