Enzo Fittipaldi will return to Charouz’s Formula 2 team this year, after recovering from the injuries sustained in a heavy crash at the end of last season.Emerson Fittipaldi, drove for Charouz for the second half of the F2 season, stepping up from Formula 3 in place of David Beckmann.
However, a 72G crash at the start of the F2 feature race at the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix left Fittipaldi with a fractured heel as well as cuts and bruising. He had to miss the final weekend of the season in Abu Dhabi.
Now recovered, Fittipaldi has been confirmed for his first full season of F2 with Charouz, to complete the line up alongside Çem Bolukbasi.
Antonín Charouz, team owner of Charouz Racing System, said Fittipaldi “proved that he deserved the chance to step up from Formula 3 to Formula 2” last year, “despite the bad luck that hit him at Jeddah.
“Now that he’s back in shape I’m sure this will only motivate him further to show what he’s capable of.”
|ART||Theo Pourchaire||Frederik Vesti|
|Campos||Ralph Boschung||Olli Caldwell|
|Carlin||Logan Sargeant||Liam Lawson|
|Charouz||Cem Bolukbasi||Enzo Fittipaldi|
|DAMS||Roy Nissany||Ayumu Iwasa|
|Hitech||Juri Vips||Marcus Armstrong|
|MP||Felipe Drugovich||Clement Novalak|
|Prema||Jehan Daruvala||Dennis Hauger|
|Van Amersfoort||Jake Hughes||Amaury Cordeel|
|Virtuosi||Jack Doohan||Marino Sato|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Bearman wins as Vesti retirement leaves Pourchaire poised to clinch title
- Vesti out-runs Martins after two Safety Car periods for crucial sprint race win
- New, ‘more accessible’ F2 car for 2024 follows F1’s styling lead
- Novalak claims first F2 victory as championship leaders crash out at Zandvoort
- Formula 2 Zandvoort sprint race abandoned after pile-up and heavy rain