The fourth season of Netflix’s Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive will arrive on the platform on March 11th, the series has confirmed.
However Verstappen, who clinched the title in a controversial end to the season in Abu Dhabi, said last year he would not co-operate with the makers of Drive to Survive. The Red Bull driver said the programme makers “faked a few rivalries which they don’t really exist” and had not given any interviews to them.
Other drivers said they were satisfied with their portrayals in Drive to Survive. Verstappen is expected to feature in the series, however, as Box to Box have the rights to use footage filmed by Formula 1 Management during race weekends.
F1 said the new series of Drive to Survive will “delve into fierce team rivalries, unexpected podiums, and the intense title battle between Mercedes and Red Bull as the pressure reaches an all-time high both on and off the grid.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Las Vegas race date leaked, indicating race start times outside USA
- FIA to submit new 2023 technical regulations to tackle porpoising this week
- F1 teams can ‘get around technical directive on skid blocks a little bit’
- Hamilton’s priority ‘winning another title’, not following Vettel into retirement
- F1 planning year-round activities for Las Vegas race facility