Mercedes’s new W13 has run on track for the first time ahead of the 2022 F1 season.Silverstone, where the new car was presented for the first time earlier today.
George Russell, the team’s new driver for 2022, was first to take the new car onto the track. His team mate Lewis Hamilton took over later in the day, by which time conditions had improved.
Mercedes join Aston Martin, Ferrari and Red Bull in running shakedown tests for their new cars ahead of the start of the season. Red Bull ran in secret at Silverstone yesterday.
Pictures: First run for Mercedes W13
Video: First run for Mercedes W13
We've missed that sound. 🎶🤩 pic.twitter.com/EvlxgFKjCp
— Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team (@MercedesAMGF1) February 18, 2022
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas
- F1 mustn’t let post-season budget cap rows become a regular occurrence