The 2022 Formula 2 grid has been completed after Richard Verschoor took the final seat at Trident.second Silverstone sprint race.
“I’m extremely proud and motivated to join a highly-professional and winning team like Trident,” said Verschoor. “I think we have all conditions needed to achieve important goals and experience a positive season. I cannot wait to get on track. I will give my best to take full advantage of this great opportunity”.
The 2022 grid will feature six complete newcomers: Frederik Vesti, Çem Bolukbasi, Ayumu Iwasa, Dennis Hauger, Calan Williams and Amaury Cordeel. Six others, including Verschoor, have not previously completed a full season. These include Olli Caldwell, Logan Sargeant, Enzo Fittipaldi, Clement Novalak and Jack Doohan.
The most experienced driver in the field, Ralph Boschung, has 79 previous starts.
Red Bull are supporting five juniors in the series; returning drivers Liam Lawson, Juri Vips and Jehan Daruvala, as well as rookies Iwasa and Hauger. Roy Nissany and Sargeant represent the Williams driver academy, Jack Doohan and Caldwell are backed by Alpine this season, Vesti remains a Mercedes junior and Théo Pourchaire will stay part of the Sauber academy.
2022 Formula 2 driver line-up
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- How to watch the Bahrain Grand Prix plus F2, F3 and WEC season-openers
- Antonelli’s first F2 races key to chance of replacing Hamilton
- Pictures: Formula 2’s colourful new-look field for 2024
- New qualifying red flag rule will stop drivers “ruining the session for everyone else”
- F2 racer Crawford joins Aston Martin’s young driver programme