Sergio Perez will remain at Red Bull for at least two more years, the team has confirmed.
Perez joined Red Bull from Racing Point at the end of 2021. He has won for them twice, at Azerbaijan last year and Monaco on Sunday.
“This has been an incredible week,” said Perez. “Winning the Monaco Grand Prix is a dream for any driver and then to follow that with announcing I will continue with the team until 2024 just makes me extremely happy.”
He will continue alongside Max Verstappen, who already has a long-term deal to remain at Red Bull.
“I am so proud to be a member of this team and I feel completely at home here now,” said Perez. “We are working very well together and my relationship with Max, on and off the track, is definitely helping drive us forward even more.
“We have built tremendous momentum as a team and this season is showing that, I am excited to see where that can take us all in the future.”
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said Perez “has done a fantastic job” in his first two seasons with them.
“Time and again he has proved himself to not only be a magnificent team player but as his level of comfort has grown he has become a real force to be reckoned with at the sharp end of the grid.
“This year he has taken another step and the gap to world champion Max has closed significantly, evidenced by his superb pole position in Jeddah earlier this year and by his wonderful win in Monaco just last weekend.
“For us, holding onto his pace, race craft and experience was a no-brainer and we are delighted that Checo will continue to race for the team until 2024. In partnership with Max we believe we have a driver pairing that can bring us the biggest prizes in F1.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- FIA confirms all 10 F1 teams complied with 2022 cost cap
- Steiner “not ashamed” of panning “slow” Schumacher in Drive to Survive
- Albon believes year out of F1 improved him as a driver
- Hamilton sees diversity gains in F1 years on from his ‘traumatising’ experience of racism
- Verstappen returns to Drive to Survive as season five launch date is confirmed