Van Amersfoort Racing has confirmed David Beckmann will partner Jake Hughes at the team for this weekend’s two races at Silverstone.
The team announced Cordeel’s replacement in a short statement on social media. “Of course we regret the fact that Amaury won’t be racing this weekend,” said the team on social media. “At the same time, we are excited about David Beckmann taking the wheel of our VAR number 25 F2 car at Silverstone.”
Cordeel’s ban is due to end following this weekend, meaning he will be able to return to the team for the Austrian round next week.
Beckmann has already raced for Charouz at the Imola round as a replacement for the injured Cem Bolukbasi. He picked up four points for eighth place in the feature race, which puts him ahead of the point-less Cordeel in the championship.
Cordeel is only the second F2 driver to collect a race ban. The other was Mahaveer Raghunathan who collected 24 penalty points, enough for two bans, during the course of the 2019 season.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- 2022 mid-season driver ranking part 2: 15-11
- 2022 mid-season F1 driver rankings part 1: 20-16
- Has Tsunoda raised his game or just benefitted from Gasly’s misfortunes?
- Exclusive: Lando Norris on working to win with McLaren in 2024
- Perez fades after strong start to second season alongside Verstappen