Pierre Gasly said he’s “more than ready” to get started at Alpine as he prepares to make his debut in testing for his new team tomorrow.Yas Marina today ahead of the start of post-season testing.
Gasly concluded a disappoint season with AlphaTauri out of the points for the fifth race in a row. He ended the year 14th in the standings, his lowest position since his first full season in 2018.
He said he is “more than excited” to join his new team. “Alpine has had a fantastic season, finishing fourth in the championship, beating McLaren. So they clearly have a good package.
“The next target is the big three so we’ll try to push as hard as possible. But I’m confident there’s going to be amazing results to achieve with the team and I’m looking forward to already test on Tuesday.”
Gasly is replacing Fernando Alonso in the team’s line-up. Team principal Otmar Szafnauer thanked their outgoing driver for “his efforts throughout the campaign and for delivering some performances that we’ll all remember forever.”
Pictures: Gasly prepares for Alpine test debut
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Norris dissatisfied with solitary podium finish: “One isn’t enough”
- Verstappen achieves most dominant title win since Vettel in 2013
- Magnussen’s experience makes him ‘positive’ ousted Schumacher can return to F1
- Overtaking still difficult at Yas Marina despite 2021 track changes, say drivers
- Depressing to consider points lost says Gasly after AlphaTauri slump to ninth