The last Formula 1 car to carry the Alfa Romeo name will be unveiled on Tuesday 7th March, the team has announced.
Sauber’s final car to carry Alfa Romeo’s branding, the C43, will be officially revealed on the morning of Tuesday 7th of February, Alfa Romeo confirmed in a post on social media.
The team will again field the driver line up of veteran driver Valtteri Bottas and younger team mate Zhou Guanyu, both of which joined Alfa Romeo at the start of last season.
Alfa Romeo were involved in an intense battle with Aston Martin over the final rounds of last season but successfully beat their rivals to sixth place in the constructors championship. While the two teams finished the season level on points, Alfa Romeo beat Aston Martin on countback thanks to Bottas’ fifth place finish at Imola.
The team are still without a team principal after Frederic Vasseur departed Alfa Romeo at the end of last season to replace Mattia Binnotto at Ferrari. Sauber has hired Andreas Seidl from McLaren to serve as its Group CEO.
Alfa Romeo have the ninth Formula 1 team to confirm their official launch date for their 2023 car. Only Haas are yet to announce when they will reveal their new car to the world.
Get all the 2023 F1 race weekend session details plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 F1 season
- Has Ferrari made the right move by hiring Vasseur to replace Binotto?
- How the collaboration behind the “Red Bull-Ford” engine will work
- Car Red Bull presented at launch will look “somewhat different” at Bahrain test
- Ricciardo expects “flexibility” from Red Bull if he gets urge to race in 2023
- Ford considered but rejected returning as a full F1 team as it “didn’t feel right”