Aston Martin have officially revealed their car for the 2023 Formula 1 season, the AMR23, at their factory at Silverstone.
The car will be driven by Lance Stroll and new signing Fernando Alonso – the double world champion joining the team from Alpine for this season.
Alonso says he is pleased that the team have unveiled their genuine 2023 challenger, rather than just reveal its livery for the new season.
“Today, we see the full size – the real car,” Alonso said. “I think the fans will appreciate as well that we launched the real car. It is sometimes disappointing to see just a show car just with different stickers.”
Once again the car is predominantly painted in the ‘British Racing Green’ colour, with some bare carbon showing to save weight. Co-title sponsors Aramco (the team’s fuel supplier) and Cognizant have the largest presence on the car in terms of logos. Alonso’s personal sponsor Citi now also joins the team and features in the livery, with its logo on the halo.
The AMR23 is the 27th and last design to come out of the doors of the original factory, which was first home to Jordan and then Midland, Spyker, Force India and Racing Point before the current ownership – led by Stroll‘s father Lawrence – changed the team’s name to Aston Martin in 2021.
Pictures: 2023 Aston Martin AMR23
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 F1 season
- Ferrari resurgence continues but Perez must find 16kph to match Verstappen
- Ferrari’s floor changes and five more teams’ Japanese Grand Prix updates
- McLaren handling “all over the place” but closer to Red Bull than usual – Norris
- Leclerc pleased with Ferrari gains at Suzuka and has Red Bull in his sights
- Hamilton says he needs to close gap to Russell after ending “bad day” 14th