McLaren team principal Andrea Stella says the team want to re-establish themselves as a top four team in 2023 with the newly unveiled MCL60.Lando Norris and rookie Oscar Piastri, the Mercedes-powered car largely retains the papaya-orange and blue livery that the team sported in 2022.
The unveiling highlighted new sponsors that McLaren have brought in for 2023, including logistics company DP World, Jack Daniels, as well as more prominent OKX and Google logos.
Having dropped to fifth in the constructors’ championship last season, new team principal Stella said that the aim was to return to the top four in 2023.
“I think it’s fair to say that over the course of the season we would like to establish ourselves as part of the top four,” Stella said.
“We know realistically that with the top three teams, this may mean like potentially just being the fourth best car, like I say, over the course of the season, We are realistic in the very short term.”
Pictures: 2023 McLaren MCL60
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 F1 season
- Ferrari resurgence continues but Perez must find 16kph to match Verstappen
- Ferrari’s floor changes and five more teams’ Japanese Grand Prix updates
- McLaren handling “all over the place” but closer to Red Bull than usual – Norris
- Leclerc pleased with Ferrari gains at Suzuka and has Red Bull in his sights
- Hamilton says he needs to close gap to Russell after ending “bad day” 14th