The special filming car set up to shoot footage for an upcoming Hollywood film about Formula 1 has been seen for the first time at Silverstone.Lewis Hamilton’s Dawn Apollo production company, stars Brad Pitt as racing driver Sonny Hayes who returns to F1 to race in a final season.
To allow film makers to capture footage, two garages along the Silverstone pit lane have been set up for the fictional ‘APX GP’ team, with Pitt’s character and fictional team mate Joshua Pearce – played by Damson Idris – each having their own driver identification banners over the two garages.
The production car – a modified F2 machine – will be driven around the Silverstone circuit during various breaks in the track schedule over the British Grand Prix weekend.
Silverstone is not the only round that the production crew will be present in the pit lane. Teams have been told to expect the crew to be present across many of the remaining rounds of this season.
Despite the presence of the film crew, Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc has said he does not expect it to be a distraction for teams over the rest of the season.
“I don’t think it is,” he said when asked by RaceFans. “In the end, one more camera or one less camera, I don’t think we realise it that much.”
APX GP movie production images
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 British Grand Prix
- Norris is “growing” closer to the champion who inspired him to race
- Second supplier part failure ‘a frustrating issue we must solve’ – Alpine
- Albon ‘surprised’ to be quicker than Alonso at end of British GP
- Bottas admits Alfa Romeo ‘were expecting to be better than this’ in 2023
- McLaren now “finding performance quicker” after emulating Red Bull’s design