EA Sports has confirmed that Daniel Ricciardo will be added to the F1 23 official game with a new update to be released on Tuesday 29 August.
Ricciardo will replace De Vries in game at the team with a patch on Tuesday following this weekend’s Dutch Grand Prix along with the latest driver ratings updates for the full field.
The patch will also modify the Singapore Marina Bay circuit, removing the ‘float’ sequence which will be bypassed on the actual circuit due to extensive development work in the area. The circuit will now run from the slight left-hander of turn 15 directly down to what was previously the chicane of turns 20 and 21, the final corners before the pit entry.
The previously announced ‘Pro Challenge’ feature will also be added to the game, which will allow players to attempt to beat double world champion Max Verstappen’s own personal best lap time around Zandvoort in the game in time trial mode. Players who beat Verstappen’s best time of a 1’10.621 will receive his Dutch Grand Prix helmet for use in game.
The second Pro Challenge featuring Charles Leclerc at Monza will be active from Tuesday 5th September, following the Italian Grand Prix weekend.
Codemasters’ senior creative director, Lee Mather, said that Pro Challenge was a mode the developers “always wanted to deliver.”
“‘F1 World’ will continue to evolve, creating more moments for players to test their virtual racing skills against their real-world heroes,” Mather said.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 F1 season
- Alpine’s third choice narrowly out-scores Ocon in his first season at team
- Stroll reaches 100 qualifying defeats in 136 starts at hands of latest team mate
- F1 needs quality events, not “races for the sake of doing them” – Perez
- Why have Williams kept the faith in Sargeant after heavy defeat to Albon?
- Alonso’s strong start, Norris’s late surge: Which F1 drivers beat their 2022 scores?