The special livery selected by fans that Williams will use for the first of three races has been seen on the FW45 for the first time.Suzuka and Losail.
After signing a commercial sponsorship deal with the oil company at the start of the season, Williams announced a fan vote to decide which of four livery designs to run over the three rounds. The winning design, titled ‘bolder than bold’ won the final round after receiving 51.9% of votes, with around 180,000 total votes cast over the multiple rounds.
Williams team principal James Vowles said that the scheme would be a “defining moment” for his team.
“This competition was an incredible opportunity for our fans to actively engage and shape the visual identity of our team,” Vowles said. “The winning design encapsulates the essence of the Gulf and Williams Racing partnership, reflecting on the past but building on our future.”
It is the second time Gulf’s blue orange colour scheme has featured as a special livery during a race weekend in the last three seasons. In 2021, McLaren ran in the same colours at the Monaco Grand Prix during their own period of sponsorship from Gulf. McLaren are also running a revised livery at this weekend’s race for a sponsor.
Williams Singapore Grand Prix livery images
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2023 Singapore Grand Prix
- How Ocon’s “extreme” height for an F1 driver is helping other tall racers
- Steward’s admission Verstappen should have had penalty frustrates his rivals
- Drivers back Singapore qualifying tweak as rule changes again for Japanese GP
- Piastri “much more comfortable” at new circuits than at start of rookie season
- Ferrari decided before qualifying to sacrifice second-place car in Singapore GP