Caption Competition 224: Verstappen’s words of wisdom for Perez

Caption Competition

Posted on

| Written by

Max Verstappen had a few words for his team mate as the two continue to experience vastly different fortunes during 2023.

While Verstappen clinched his third consecutive world championship victory and 14th race win of the season, Sergio Perez is enduring a tough campaign and has a fight on his hands to hold on to second in the standings.

So what was being said between the pair here? Can you come up with the best caption for this picture? Post your funniest suggestion in the comments below.

A selection of the best will feature in a future edition of the RaceFans Round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Author information

Keith Collantine
Lifelong motor sport fan Keith set up RaceFans in 2005 - when it was originally called F1 Fanatic. Having previously worked as a motoring...

Got a potential story, tip or enquiry? Find out more about RaceFans and contact us here.

50 comments on “Caption Competition 224: Verstappen’s words of wisdom for Perez”

1. It’s the pedal on the right, Checo

2. Max: “And I want you to wax it this time too.”

1. lol, that made me chuckle

3. The secret is to turn left, to go right Checo.

4. Max: “I’ve got a tip for you: you know those white lines at the side of the track…?”

5. “It’s working Checo.
    Everyone thinks it’s me and not the car!
    I’m going to double your cut of the winnings mate”

1. haha, only it is not working

6. Max obscures his winking eye as he tell Sergio that he is definately going to retire at the end of the season.

7. “Daniel’s broken his arm”

1. This made me laugh too. This is already better than most COTD candidate replies.

8. Max actually speaking Dutch here.

Max: “That mask is flawless. I can’t believe nobody caught onto your Perez impression yet Nyck (de Vries). Let’s see now how long it takes before people finally catch on.”

9. As the image is from the Belgian GP podium, I’ll go by something along the lines of ‘you made things look easier for me’ in reference to passing & gap increasing to 20+ at the end.

1. notagrumpyfan
      14th October 2023, 11:24

The purpose of a Caption Competition is to ignore the original setting and add a caption to (try to) make the image/setting funny.

You won the pub quiz though.
      I wonder where that feature of this site went.

10. Max: Can’t wait until this weeks Conor Moore’s Carlos impersonation!

11. “Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Wax on… wax off. Wax on… wax off.”

12. Roth Man (@rdotquestionmark)
    14th October 2023, 10:02

Even now we can’t keep Michael off the podium!

13. Coventry Climax
    14th October 2023, 10:19

“Let it be”

14. Electroball76
    14th October 2023, 11:24

Hey Checo, this is the pole. You are supposed to stay right behind it.

15. They think they will be closer next year.

16. You drove better when you were still driving the pink Red Bull

17. ‘My 8th gear was actually broken, kind of like your spirit’

Yes I know it’s mean.

18. Keep it up, that way they can’t say it’s just the car

19. Electroball76
    14th October 2023, 12:58

So, have you decided on any plans for next year?

1. Coventry Climax
      15th October 2023, 1:28

20. Derek Edwards
    14th October 2023, 13:46

Sergio finally returned to the podium when Red Bull sent him up to accept the constructor’s trophy.

21. Better luck next year Sergio!

22. Don’t tell anyone, but it doesn’t really give you wings.

23. OI, CHECO!!! Oh, you’re right here. Normally, you’re a lot further away.

1. Yet another good one. Interested to see who wins (I just know it won’t be Checo).

24. Whatever you do, don’t let Lando anywhere near your trophy!

25. Mate I can hook you you with some NOx for your car if you want a bit more boost on Saturday.

26. “Stick with it, Checo. You could be the next Alexander Albon!”

27. G (@bobexracing)
    14th October 2023, 19:29

I think it should help of you don’t press CTRL ALT DEL during quali

28. G (@bobexracing)
    14th October 2023, 19:33

Try Bravo 33 in the settings next time

29. You know, between us we have 3 WDC titles now

1. That’d have been a cruel burn. lol

30. “And he thinks legends come from South America”

31. “Mate, if they guess what we’re saying nobody will come up with anything as funny as this”

32. Drive faster!

33. Remember this view?

34. This is getting boring always winning. Got any of that Peyote left Cheko?

Wa-a-a-y too dangerous Max last time I tried it (purely for cultural reasons!), I was certain I was winning the championship!

Hmm might be fun at the end of year Gala though.

Pick 3 more HIGH 5!

Yeah Helmut and Stefano would be cool to watch.

35. “Just finish 3rd or 4th a few more times and you’ll still beat Lewis for 2nd in the Championship.”

36. -Dr Marco will be in Mexico GP!
    -Don’t say!

1. They told me Lewis is starting on softs…Let’s see how it goes.

37. Mate, are you lost or something? This is the podium

38. Next race we will revisit the Multi-21 strategy.

39. Did you hear Checo? They just ducked 5 seconds of your time for exceeding track limits again on the final lap. Looks like Lando is coming up to take the spot. Sorry Mate!

40. Max – “Mate.. you want to hear my joke on one eyed Austrians?”

Comments are closed.