Auto GP World Series

2012 Auto GP rounds one and two – Monza

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

If, like me, you’re eager for some single-seater racing then good news – the Auto GP World Series gets underway this weekend!

Those in the UK can watch the first two races live from Monza on Eurosport. The races are on at 10:30am on Saturday and Sunday.

Joel Holland
    Participant

Didn’t catch the race but seems there was little passing. Anyone see it? Seems Quaife-Hobbs has made a smart switch. This will be a lot more affordable than GP3 or stepping up to GP2 and if he can win it he’ll put his name on the map.

Joel Holland
    Participant

Well, just watched race two and it was a bit of a belter. Plenty of scraps, comings together and action. Well done Auto GP, I’ll definitely be watching the next round.

Good jobs by Quaife-Hobbs and Varhaug to take the wins but Sirotkin stood out for me. He’s only 16 but he is bloody fast. Look forward to seeing how he gets along.

Race one was pretty straightforward, race two was the kind of thing you watch from between your fingers – there was some dodgy driving going on there.

I don’t doubt Pal Varhaug has the capacity to improve but when a race is won by driver who scored no points in GP2 last year while his team mate won the title, you have to wonder about the standard of competition.

Joel Holland
    Participant

Oh, undoubtedly. One of the guys out there is a 46-year-old restauranteur. Van der Drift hasn’t driven a racing car in the best part of a year, hadn’t tested the Auto GP and turned up to finish second today! Daniel de Jong also had a shocking 2011 and he was a front-runner this weekend, when he wasn’t missing chicanes.

Also, 16 cars, and all three drivers on the race two podium wearing overalls from their previous series with Auto GP patches badly stitched on to them – that’s never a good sign!

I did enjoy race two though, from an entertainment perspective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.