Auto GP World Series

Thrilling end to first Auto GP race in Morocco

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

The first Auto GP race in Morocco was a cracker – brought back memories of how good the racing used to be with those old A1 Grand Prix cars.

Here’s Adrian Quaife-Hobbes and Sergio Campana going at it hammer and tongs for the lead over the final laps. Now here’s a race that didn’t need DRS…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqW_dcu17Jc

BasCB
    Participant

Wow, talk about a deserve win to hold on to that one! Looks like its been an amazing weekend for motorsports!

damonsmedley
    Participant

Brilliant! Absolutely awesome. Amazing defensive driving too. Gave him loads of space and somehow got off the corners well enough not to be passed.

zomtec
    Participant

No DRS, no pass.
    But a good fight!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was certainly great @keithcollantine … but that was the third race of the season!

@Fixy By which I meant it was the first of two races that weekend.

Adam Tate
    Participant

Incredible! And I quite like the track, seeing as Morocco has hosted a grand prix, albeit in the distant past, a return there for F1 could be exciting, and even serve as a potential replacement for Bahrain, if the yearly charade of will they/won’t they race there continues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry @keithcollantine, I now see it can be interpreted in different ways!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@adam-tate – You really like the Marrakech circuit? It’s literally chicanes and a hairpin.

If Bahrain is cancelled, it’s unlikely that there will be a replacement round this year. And there are already several events – New Jersey and (possibly) Argentina – are on standby for next year. If any event is removed from the calendar, they will be the first ones brought in to replace it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.