DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

2012 BMW DTM livery revealed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    sato113
    Participant

if only 1 of the cars is going to look like that, I’d love to see the other 5.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@matt90
    @GeeMac

We’ll get the fugly BMW white soon enough. Let’s have the beautiful liveries first before getting to the bad, but inevitable, ones.

Fer no.65
    Participant

I wanted a mad version of the traditional BMW colours, but this one looks very nice!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@fer-no65 – there are still five more BMW liveries to be unveiled.

bananarama
    Participant

I think this livery looks excellent but the traditional M colors are great too. They aren’t just random “fugly” colors as some may think, they are Estoril blue, velvet blue and Imola red – pure racing. And white was originally Germanys color (still is in many sports) until the origin of the silver arrows. Its history and racing pedigree on a car. I should go write BMWs press releases :-P

matt90
    Participant

I like BMW’s traditional livery, and certainly don’t think it’s fugly.

One of the more conventional BMW-liveried cars with their new Puma sponsorship announced today:

BMW M3 DTM

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that will be Martin Tomczyk’s livery. He is, after all, the reigning champion – it makes sense for BMW to place him (and his number) with the most-traditional of the BMW liveries.

matt90
    Participant

That’s more what I expected. And I like it.

raymondu999
    Participant

In any case I’m very curious to see how Priaulx will perform compared to Tomczyk and Spengler; from a pace standpoint; and also race craft to an extent. I don’t think Priaulx has raced anything with as much downforce or grip. Or dirty air for that matter.

Some more BMW livery shots from their recent test:

bmw_dtm_testing (9)

bmw_dtm_testing (6)

bmw_dtm_testing (5)

bmw_dtm_testing (4)

bmw_dtm_testing (7)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.