DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

2012 Hockenheim

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, here we are with the first qualifying of the year finished with a first look into pace: apparentely Mercedes are the weakest manufacturer, at least for now. Let’s see where we will be heading tomorrow.

Race pace however could be a completely different book with heavy fuel loads. Will Audi dominate the race, will BMW win on comeback or is Mercedes pulling out an ultimate trump card?

raymondu999
    Participant

Mercedes was only 2 tenths off though… It’s BMW that is a second off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999

Mercedes was only 2 tenths off though… It’s BMW that is a second off.

Well, because Werner completely blew his lap. Q4 is not really what I was looking at when I talked about the balance of performance, especially given the fact that nobody really did an absolutely faultless lap. Q3 is way more significant, and there we had only two Mercedes there compared to the four Audis and BMWs each. Also Q1 saw three Mercedes out and only two Audis and even only one BMW.

raymondu999
    Participant

I didn’t get a chance to watch qualifying other than live timing, so I could be off-kilter.

Powderfinger
    Participant

The BMW guys seem to have done a good job. Joining the DTM and being “level” with the Audi’s at the first race of the season is quite impressive.

Werner locked his breaks going into the hairpin thats why he lost I think 1.2 sec in sector 2.

All three manufacturers in the top three places, that’s a promising start to the season!

raymondu999
    Participant

Why didn’t… Was Molina the 4th placed runner? Why didn’t he set a time?

Calum
    Participant

Glad to here BMW have been able to compete, the yellow one looks fantastic.

Powderfinger
    Participant

@raymondu999

He ran wide at turn 1 and the time he set was annulled.

Great race so far. Two Mercedes and British drivers fighting for the lead.

Powderfinger
    Participant

Nice.
    Gary Paffett wins ahead of Jamie Green and Matthias Ekstrom.

5 Mercedes in the top 10.

raymondu999
    Participant

Dear God that Mercedes is fast in the race

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will Audi dominate the race, will BMW win on comeback or is Mercedes pulling out an ultimate trump card?

It’s the trump card…

Well, now that was actually a lot more exciting than a number of races last year. These new cars do their job and we had ourselves a neat event. We had the duel between Gary Paffett and Jamie Green in the early parts, Christian Vietoris vs. Mike Rockenfeller in the latter part and obviously Ralf Schumacher’s balls to the walls approach to this race.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.