DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

Audi’s DTM driver line-up for 2012

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Audi have confirmed their drivers for 2012 having of course lost Martin Tomcyk to BMW:

ABT Sportsline
    Mattias Ekstrom
    Rahel Frey
    Timo Scheider

Phoenix Racing
    Miguel Molina
    Mike Rockenfeller

Team Rosberg
    Filipe Albuquerque
    Edoardo Mortara

Girts
    Participant

So no surprises, basically the same line-up as they had in 2011. Tomczyk has left Audi to join BMW and only Oliver Jarvis is missing. But he’s competing at Le Mans (with Audi) so maybe he’s going to focus on sportscars in 2012. He didn’t fulfil expectations in 2010 & 2011 anyway.

@Girts I thought Jarvis looked good in single-seaters and was rather disappointed when he ended up in touring cars. Hope he goes well in the sports car team.

I wonder if he’ll get the last Audi seat at Sebring?

Girts
    Participant

@KeithCollantine I believe his performance was pretty impressive in the 2009 DTM season, which was why he got a promotion and was given a better equipment, that is, a new-spec Audi in the next two years. But then he just couldn’t deliver.

Jarvis isn’t leaving Audi so I guess he might become a WEC regular this year. He also needs practice if he is about to fight for the victory at the 24 hours.

JPQuesado
    Participant

Great! Felipe Albuquerque remains at Audi! I’m hoping for a better season at the DTM for him.

raymondu999
    Participant

I find it VERY interesting where Frey and Molina ended up for this season.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.