World Endurance Championship

2014 Le Mans 24 Hours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

This year’s running of the French classic is going to be one to savour with the return of Porsche and Mark Webber in their line-up.

Rivals Audi have now announced their line-up for the race with Lucas di Grassi taking the place of the retired Allan McNish.

Spa 6 Hours and Le Mans 24 Hours
    Lucas di Grassi/Loïc Duval/Tom Kristensen
    Marcel Fässler/Andre Lotterer/Benoit Treuyer
    Filipe Albuquerque/Marco Bonanomi/Oliver Jarvis*

All other races of the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC)
    Lucas di Grassi/Loïc Duval/Tom Kristensen (BR/F/DK)
    Marcel Fässler/Andre Lotterer/Benoit Treluyer (CH/D/F)

*subject to confirmation by the Selection Committee of the ACO and the FIA

matt90
    Participant

I’d like to have seen Lotterer and Kristensen in the same car.

MazdaChris
    Participant

For anyone going to this, make sure you head over to St Saturnin on the Friday before the race, for the Classic British Welcome car show. This year they’re featuring Porsche as the guest car club, so should be some incredible machinery on show.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

What’s happening with Marc Gene now that he’s not running for Audi at Le Mans?

Tomsk
    Participant

Porsche have announced their driver pairings today, and it’s not bad for a number 20 driver:
    Car 14: Romain Dumas/Neel Jani/Marc Lieb
    Car 20: Timo Bernhard/Brendon Hartley/Mark Webber

Anonymous
    Inactive

14 and 20? Whats the significance behind those numbers?

matt90
    Participant

14, 20. 20,14. 2014. Maybe. One Porsche (936 in 1976) won Le Mans with number 20.

WarfieldF1
    Participant

Excursion e-ticket arrived yesterday; so now all flights, tickets, hotels and car hire in place for LM 2014.

Everybody else ready??

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rjoconnell Marc Gene is driving for ELMS LMP2 leaders Jota Sport at Le Mans this year, as well as being an Audi reserve driver.

I’m ready! going to try and stay awake for the full 24 hours this year (managed 21 last year). There’s going to be a serious fight for the front spots if these http://www.radiolemans.com test day podcast boradcasts I’m listening to are anything to go by. I hope Rebellion can get a grip on their ROne and keep on the tails of the manufacturers. It’s a shame they have no direct competition with this phantom Lotus LMP1 still not appearing.

The new Ligiers in LMP2 look brilliant and I hope Alex Brundle can pilot one to the class victory. Shame Strakka’s new Dome chassis won’t be making an appearance after it was damaged in testing at Spa.

There are an awful lot of GT entries this year too so there’s going to be a lot of action there. Good to see Corvette, Krohn and Dempsey made it across the pond to join in, shame Muscle Milk and Risi turned down their entries, especially Muscle Milk as the LMP2 numbers are down this year.

And the Nismo ZEoD. Can’t wait to see and hear (or not hear) that on track!

andae23
    Participant

Travelling to Le Mans on Friday morning, my third Le Mans after 2009 and 2011. Really excited!

I guess Toyota re the favourites, with Porsche being the underdogs. I think Audi simply lacks top speed this year, but please prove me wrong! :D

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

What does “subject to confirmation by the Selection Committee of the ACO and the FIA” mean? Paperwork? I can’t imagine them saying Oliver Jarvis is not up to driving in the Le Mans 24 hours.

Hope we get a close battle amongst the competitive teams..

WarfieldF1
    Participant

Le Mans themed avatar added………..and it reminded me i need to watch this before i go………….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYIcc9IBZj4

JackySteeg
    Participant

Toyota must clearly be favourites given their test pace and performance in the previous two races. However, you’d have to be foolish to rule Audi out. They didn’t really show their hand in Spa with their unusual high-downforce setup. Also, let’s not forget what happened in 2010. 24 hours is a long time to be racing, and pure speed alone will never be enough.

As much as I’d like to see Porsche do well, I can’t see it being a successful return for them. The car hasn’t been reliable enough so far, so for them to reach the finish line without any problems would be an achievement in itself.

I’m super excited for this race. Still not managed to watch the whole 24 hours, maybe this will be the year for me!

Preview article coming up next week guys, and of course we’ll have F1 Fanatic Live throughout the 24 hours.

Loic Duval in the Audi #1 has had a monstrous accident in the first practice session. Currently receiving medical attention.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.