World Endurance Championship

Best news, features and fixtures blog/website for Le Mans/Endurance Racing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I’ve been a big F1 and GT racing fan for a long time. I’ve always enjoyed endurance racing but never followed it.

Is there anywhere you guys would suggest I start for a decent F1 Fantatic style Le mans/Endurance Racing news and features blog(s)?

Cheers in advance.

racingfanatic96
    Participant

dailysportscar.com is an online endurance magazine, if you want to pay. Probably the closest to here. Otherwise all I can really think of is autosport, although obviously they mainly cover F1 so options are quite limited….

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

I’m not sure such a blog exists yet. I’ve been wondering whether the time has come to make it exist.

Until it does, we’ll probably have to settle for using multiple sources for news, features and the like. The ones I use most are:

– lemans-series.com , americanlemans.com and lemans.org. The three official sites for ACO-style endurance racing. The news is good but there can be delays with the non-American one for anyone unable to read French.

– planetlemans.com . It has a decent news facility but the 10-tenths forum with which it is affiliated is a great place for rumours and the like, especially regarding the prototype teams.

– auto-racing.speedtv.com . It has a good news section with reports. There’s a chat feature, but not during the races – it runs for an hour each Tuesday.

– radiolemans.com has a nice forum.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

Features seem to only exist on the relevant team/manufacturer websites and obscure bits of YouTube. As for fixtures, I’ve had to resort to going to the official site of each series I’m interested in and combining all the dates on a post for reference purposes. Not ideal but it works.

Cheers guys!

Just needed somewhere to try and get myself up to speed with the sport!

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

You’re welcome. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask :)

Joel Holland
    Participant

dailysportscar.com is indeed excellent but yes, you’ve got to pay. If you’re big in to your sportscars it’s worth it though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.