World Endurance Championship

Nissan GTR-LM debut delayed until Le Mans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bullfrog
    Participant

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/03/17/nissan-delay-start-to-wec-lmp1-campaign-gt-r-lm-to-debut-at-le-mans.html

Sad to read the Nissan won’t be racing at Silverstone or Spa. Was looking forward to going to see that beastie in action.

I guess their abrupt withdrawal from the recent Sebring test was a bit of a warning sign. At least they’re refreshingly open that it’s failed a crash test (whatever a “front roll-hoop” is – something you need when your engine’s at the front?) and crucially they’ll be at Le Mans in numbers, with three cars – something Toyota was lacking in their promising debut there 3 years ago.

I do wonder if the car might be a bit of a Le Mans special, i.e. one that suits the particular high-speed nature of La Sarthe but not so much the other circuits on the WEC calendar. But even so you’d think they’d try to run at Spa if they could as a next best thing to being at Le Mans.

Will Wood
    Keymaster

Oh no! That’s absolutely gutting. My girlfriend and I were so legitimately looking forward to watching Max Chilton and the Nissan guys racing at Silverstone next month and I’m not even joking.

George
    Participant

Urge to buy Silverstone tickets receding

KeeleyObsessed
    Participant

Gutted. Already bought tickets for Sunday (Went on the Saturday last year and had a great time), and was relly looking forward to being amongst the first to see the Nissan turn a wheel in anger.

Will still go to Silverstone, but regret passing up LM for another year even more now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.