World Endurance Championship

Daytona 24 Hours – will you be watching?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I see the fine folk at @motorstv are broadcasting a large amount of the Daytona 24 Hours live this weekend, so those of you in the UK with Sky Sports* will be able to watch.

I don’t know about other options to watch abroad or online but perhaps someone else can fill us in.

Here’s the entry list for the race including lots of IndyCar drivers plus Juan Pablo Montoya, Giancarlo Fisichella, Christian Fittipaldi, Allan McNish, Max Papis, Ricardo Zonta, Jan Magnussen, Gianmaria Bruni and British F3 champion Felipe Nasr.

If there’s sufficient interest I’d be happy to set up an F1 Fanatic Live page so we can follow it together. We’ve never done a Grand-am race before but this is obviously their big race and it’s a welcome antidote to the off-season blues. Let me know below if you’re up for it.

*Correction: it’s actually part of the basic Sky packs so you don’t need Sky Sports. See below

Victor_RO
    Participant

Audio commentary will be available for free online on Radio Le Mans, and live timing is available on the Grand-Am website. Several teams are setting up video feeds as well (pit lane snapshots and onboards I suspect).

The kind folk on the radiolemans.com forum have set up a thread there with resources:

http://radiolemans.0157.org/content/2012-daytona-24-hours-resources

Anonymous
    Inactive

I watched bits of this last year and it was great to watch.

The chicane on the back straight presents plenty of opportunities for the drivers to trip over each other.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be watching as much of it as I can! Here is some information about SpeedTV’s viewing options in the US (a combination of TV and online streaming):

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/50th-rolex-24-to-unfold-through-speeds-multi-platform-coverage/

Motors TV UK
    Participant

Yes, we will be showing live coverage from Daytona and we’re very excited about it. It’s also worth pointing out that you don’t need Sky Sports, or indeed any extra subscription, to pick Motors TV up on Sky: it is part of the basic package, so some of you UK-based Fanatics may have it without realising!

Daytona marks the first round of the 2012 GRAND-AM campaign and we’ll be showing every one live on Motors TV. Hopefully this increased coverage will allow fans to really get into the series and stoke a bit of lively debate on this forum.

Hope that however you watch the 24 Hours you enjoy it!

The Motors TV Team

BasCB
    Participant

This is looking very good. I might have a go at it as well, the field of drivers seems a real treat.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Yes, I will definitely be watching. Never had Sky before and bought it ready for the F1, but I’m fully utilising the other motorsports shown. Love endurance racing, can’t wait!

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Oh wow, that’s kinda cool that the channel has an official account on here. Mayhaps there needs to be a thread for a question and answer with them?

In other news, I will definitely be watching it on Speed (thank God for girlfriends with cable) and I’ve got it set to record. Trying to convince my Dad to join as last year it was great fun to watch.

I’ll also be taking part in a mock-version of the support series, the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, a few weeks from now. A private league on iRacing will be mimicking the season and running the Mustang and MX-5. I’ll be in an MX-5 and if they go through with a live web-cast they’ve been saying they want to do, I’ll try to post a link here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@joey-poey You’re not going to be racing in the iRacing 2.4 Hours of Daytona then?

Motors TV UK
    Participant

Hi @Joey-Poey, we’re more than happy to answer any questions people have about the channel, content and coverage.

Glad to hear you’ll be watching on SPEED as we’re partnered with them on GRAND-AM, as well as on our coverage of the American Le Mans Series and our latest addition: NASCAR’s Nationwide Series.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

@ajokay Part of me wants to, but I don’t own the Riley DP and my computer’s been having issues when I try to join official MC series without one of the needed cars. They did say something about a lesser version they’re doing, right? Because I might do that. I can’t remember which cars are in it and I’m at work. I’ll check when I get home.

Icthyes
    Participant

If I can remember!

Iorwerth
    Participant

Who will be the commentators on Motors for the Daytona?

F1Yankee
    Participant

i’ll be watching as much as i can, probably intermittantly

deanmachine
    Participant

@igloo22 John Hindhaugh & Joe Bradley are doing it for Radio Le Mans, not sure if they’re going to be on the TV coverage though.

Funnily enough, Joe Bradley is one of my lecturers at College, and he’s never stopped going on about going to this bloody race since he found out he was going a few months ago!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.